Tuesday, September 30, 2014

My Uncanny Halloween


The year 2000, October. A new era had begun and the comic book media was evolving. Come July 14, a movie based on the popular X-Men comic book series was released and movie viewers met diverse characters struggling with a world that wouldn't accept them. What does this movie have to do with my carefully timed-and advised-Halloween blog? This!

file://localhost/Users/raf/Downloads/image.jpeg

That, ladies and more likely gentlemen is me when I was six years old. If you can't tell, I dressed up as Cyclops, leader of the X-Men! Well, technically Professor X leads the X-Men. And if we're referring to the movies I guess Wolverine leads them, for some reason. Regardless! I wanted to post this to give readers of this blog an example of how deep into the world of comics I grew up in. That even as a young child I enjoyed watching superheroes save the world. Sure I didn't pick to most popular X-Men, but at age six could you expect me to grow muttonchops? After this costume I'd go on to dress up as Charmeleon from Pokemon, Robin the Boy Wonder and even the Dark Knight himself, Batman. Alas, I lack futher photo evidence, more so this is but a minor post compaired to what subjects I have planned. So I hope enjoyed this insight into your host Raffi and you'll stick around for more examples of how comic books effect our lives and how our lives effect comic books. Happy Halloween!

(By the way, this is my first post! Yay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment