Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Panel Biter: Year One

You know, throughout the month I've been thinking about what my one year celebration post would be about. I could bore you with my secret origins, pat you on the back for patting me on the back, make some insane promise that will have me pulling my hair out. But it came to me, instead of talking about what I could do, I want to talk about what I want to do.
This is The Panel Biter's 1st Anniversary.
Humble beginnings, am I right? When this blog started I was either typing a storm or taking sick days, now I have podcasts and business cards and actual followers. It's pretty crazy, but really there are millions of people like me who find internet interest to be astounding, guess that's a feature of the humble. Starting out I wanted The Panel Biter to be a type of educational blog, somewhere you could go if you saw a movie or a TV show and you wanted to more about the characters without looking at a basic wiki article. I like to think this blog provides intel and colorful commentary on the world of comic books, and with comics taking the center stage in most media, now is a better time than ever to find a resource to depend on. Further enforcing the fact that if you like The Panel Biter you should tell your friends about, friends who like superheroes in general, Rao knows I could use more easily excitable fangirls around here. Fangirls like little Cyclops, right? Still, I do hope you've found The Panel Biter to be insightful, witty, and distinct, I love writing and providing content to those who enjoy it.
Moving more towards the podcasts, I can say without a doubt I owe Distractions Media. If you don't know who they are, one of the side posts on my main page has their link, Distractions Media is a podcast network that provides fun commentaries on many aspects of pop culture like Dungeons and Dragons and Star Wars. They have a Youtube now too so you can check out their Minecraft, Grand Theft Auto, and Rocket League stuff. Shout outs to Jon, Webby, Austin, and Quigley and everyone over there who has welcomed me on as a guest and now an official member. It was guesting on their podcasts that got me into starting my own podcasts with several friends. First was One Shot, a basic topic-of-the-day kind of podcast series that spans from comic books to Power Rangers, of all things. Then of course there is Comic Buffet, which is not a total ripoff of Comic Pop's Back Issues (seriously, check those guys out) and is all about me explaining a comic book story to you (the listener) and my friends and watching (or in your case listening to) their reactions to said stories. We're doing some dark and creepy comic book stories for October so hop on while you can to The Panel Biter Podbean. Of course there are newer products like Movie Biter-a movie commentary podcast-and Question Authority-a comic book logic questioning show-and Public Origins-an origins podcast currently on hiatus because I am a busy young man. I love doing podcasts and I'll personally thank those who have joined me, ahem: The Savage Justin, The Incredible Shae, The Invincible Connor, The Mighty Paul, The Spectacular Patrick, The Bae Max, The Fantastic David, The All-New Ben, and The Astonishing Seth (gasp)! Oh, and The Irredeemable Matt, I guess. More guests are on the horizon as I have many friends who like superheroes, so hopefully you'll be hearing new voices as time goes on.
Speaking on time going on, what does The Panel Biter have planned? Well, a few things are on my mind. The first being a monthly delivery service called Comic Bento that delivers customers up to $100 worth of comic books every month for a monthly pay of about $18. I'm very interested in getting this service when my bank account gets fatter and maybe starting those "un-boxing videos" the kids love so much. And yeah, videos! I want to do more of those! I don't exactly have a good setup for a Youtube just yet, but give it time and that seems like the next logical step. After all, I can still try for short vlogs or videos on the Facebook account. Baby steps. Oh, and shirts! Shirts would be awesome. We've made a lot of visually hilarious jokes on Podcasts so stuff like Doctor Doom fighting a toaster, Guy Gardner as a gardener, and Batman getting rats out of a vending machine would be great to wear. Sounds weird? Well go listen to a podcast! But yeah, official Panel Biter shirts would be awesome. Maybe a podcasts series following me and my friend's X-Men themed roleplay would be fun too. Hmm.
The goal I am really shooting for is next year's Granite State ComicCon. Oh, you didn't know The Panel Biter was based out of New Hampshire? The illusion is broken! You might have seen some pictures and videos of The Panel Biter Crew's last Con adventure on Facebook, really it was one of the first times I went public with the blog and hopefully I picked up some readers. Hi, Con readers! I liked your costume! The Con was kind of the backbone of Celebration September, so it stands to reason every Celebration September will bring us back the Con. What I'm hoping is that by next year The Panel Biter-as a blog, as a podcast, as a family or something-will be popular enough to have a fan following at next year's Con. So much so that I'd like to rent a booth or a panel (ha!) in one of the Con's meeting rooms-with the long desk and the chairs and such-and do a live Comic Buffet podcast/episode with all the guests I've had on and all the Con-goers in the room. That would be fun, interactive, and might convert a few more Con-goers into fans. Again, it's a goal for this year to get so popular we can get a booth at Granite State ComicCon 2016. If that goal is achieved, maybe I'll try to cosplay as Booster Gold. There, see that? That is that hair-pulling pressure promise I mentioned earlier!
The future seems bright for The Panel Biter. In lesser news I'm considering joining a reading group to sharpen my literary mind and maybe sweep in some new guests. Again, I have a few people I know personally I'd love to invite. Also, I'm very slowly working on small independent comics for this blog, little comic book series that could be read for free. This would provide entertainment to you, practice for myself and whoever helps me in the comic industry, and again sweep more attention for your friendly neighborhood Panel Biter. Again, work in progress. All and all those are the goals and dreams of this coming year of The Panel Biter! Once again I want to thank all of you reading and all of you who listen and all of you who support and share my content, this one year celebration could not have happened without you guys and I'm truly grateful to be able to entertain you. The Panel Biter truly feels like one the greatest accomplishments in my life and I promise to only further it and improve it as time goes on. So thank you again for this wonderful Year One and, as always...
Thank You For Reading!

Facebook: The Panel Biter
Twitter: @ThePanelBiter
Podbean: Panelbiter.podbean.com

No comments:

Post a Comment