Monday, September 5, 2016

Marvel Medieval #0

The Panel Biter is officially two years old! From posts to podcasts to videos, The Panel Biter has come a long way and all thanks to you! The loyal readers and the loyal listeners! As celebration for a new year of Panel Biterieness, my friends and I have prepared a new podcast series coming to The Panel Biter Podbean. Let me introduce you to our newest series, Marvel Medieval!
What you may not know is that my crew for The Comic Buffet Podcast (we're on break so go catch up on our episodes) was actually formed over a Dungeons & Dragons campaign. I was the worst Bard. Like, ever. I ended up dying naked and alone in the woods! But after that campaign I DM'd a Fate roleplay based on superheroes with my crew after each podcast. "Fate" is a simple, story-based gameplay system that I tweaked to be even simpler. For a better idea of how it works I'll link a Fate campaign on Podbean run by my friends over at Distractions Media. But back to me! After a long internal debate and some planning too, I've crafted a new Fate campaign with slightly adjusted mechanics. The world this campaign takes place in is a medieval version of The Marvel Comics Universe. Hence the name. A world where Iron Man is king of a technologically advanced kingdom, The Vision is a set of armor brought to life, and mutant-kind is protected by The Exiled Knights! I've cooked up a lot of lore and a lot of story ideas for this campaign and I'm ready to share them!
Every Tuesday I'll be posting these info posts about the game, providing gameplay details, pieces of lore, locations, items, characters and more. And once the game starts going on The Panel Biter Podbean I'll be sure to update you all on the adventures of my cohosts if you miss an episode or just don't want to listen. I mean, it would be cool if you listened *pouts internally*. Justin, Shae, Max and Connor will first be assuming the roles of established characters for a short mission. The first three episodes are just a preview to the game and a way for my cohosts to get a handle on how it is played. Justin has chosen Susan "The Phantom Queen", Shae is Orita "The Princess of Atlantis", Max is Rocard "The Forest Guardian" and Connor is Steven "The Captain". These characters being medieval versions of The Invisible Woman, Namorita, Rocket Raccoon, and Captain America respectively. I can't reveal their first mission yet, but by the end of the third episode my cohosts will be creating their own characters to proceed with, each character having a race, class, and backstory of their very own.
The world of Franrich is dominated by various Kingdoms, each with their own exports and histories. Also littering this world are items connected to Gods themselves. Alien colonies live on this planet, the forces of magic are tapped by many, but mastered by few. In future posts I will explain bit-by-bit the layout of the game so that you can follow and-if you like it-use it as a format for your own Fate campaign. By connecteing The Panel Biter and The Panel Biter Podbean through this fun, interactive game you can fully experience the creativity this site has to offer. So please stay tuned for the future tales of Marvel Medieval!
Thank you for reading!
Are you pumped for The Marvel Medieval RPG? Comment below!

For some Distractions Media Podcasts:

No comments:

Post a Comment