Thursday, September 29, 2016

Panel Biter: Year Two

Two Years. That's like, 500 days. Wait. 730. I googled it. So, yeah! Woo! 730 days in the making!
September 30th, 2014, I created The Panel Biter. August 2nd, 2014, I started The Panel Biter's Podbean Account. And a few weeks ago on September 17th, 2016, me and my friends did our first Live episode of The Comic Buffet Podcast at Granite State Comic Con. Wasn't fantastic, but it was good practice. And hey, that Live show is on our YouTube! And we're on iTunes. I'll save the advertisements for later, I'd like to really start by thanking all of you reading this. Huge thank you to those of you who have gone back and read older posts, I see you in my blog's stats and I'm happy to see older posts get some attention. "A Gross Imperfection" seriously just skyrocketed a few weeks ago to my surprise. And if you like the old stuff or the new stuff I encourage you to comment on posts. I want to talk to you guys, otherwise all I see are numbers on a screen. I'd like to know if you're really interested in the stuff you learn here or if you're all six year-olds who see pictures of Batman and click on posts just to see the pictures. No offense. That's really something I can't stress enough: comments. Odds are you have a Google Account thanks to our YouTube Overlords, so you have the ability to comment. Knowing what you think and what you like or don't like will help me bring you more entertaining posts.
And for all of you who read this blog regularly I urge you to check out the Podbean Account too. I've mentioned it before, but I have comic books news shows, a show were I explain a comic book story to people who don't read comics, and recently a roleplaying game podcast set in the Marvel Universe during Medieval Times. I have so much fun doing Podcasts and I want you readers to experience the fun with me! Also, I see the numbers for the podcasts too. Not as high as they are here. The Comic Buffet will be returning in a few months, hopefully I can get it on YouTube as well. We're also going to be returning to commentating over "Teen Titans" episodes around that time and following that I have another cartoon commentary series planned for 2017. So yeah, PODCASTS ARE FUN COME LISTEN TO THEM PLEASE.
This is a difficult post to write. Last year's "Panel Biter: Year One" was easy because I still had high hopes. Lately I've been doubting myself and this blog. I like writing. I like writing about comic books and researching and learning more about comic books. I like seeing people read this blog and all the great posts that have come out of it. I don't know if it's pride or ego that has me scrolling through the "Year One", "Year Two", and "PBDC" page lists, but I do it sometimes because I like the stuff I've written and I hope you've liked it too. I try not to get too personal or low when I do this, but it's hard to tell if I'm doing a good job when the people who read my stuff don't answer me. That's why I've been putting questions at the bottom of posts. For answers. For a reply. Otherwise how do I even know if you like this blog? The stats for the blog say I have readers from other countries! Russians! Germans! I see you there! This is a blog for all kinds of people and nobody should be afraid to reply. And hey, there's a follow button too!
I want more of you to listen to my podcasts, I want to be able to adapt this onto YouTube in the near future, I want The Panel Biter to be a community. But that can't happen if things keep going the way they are. I will appreciate every view this page gets, I will cry tears of relief every time that Podbean download number rises, and I will reply to every comment on every post, podcast and video. Because "this" means the world to me. Because "this" could be my future, I want it to be my future. I don't want to be working a 9-5 job forever, I want to write forever. I want to entertain forever. And in a medium that brings something new everyday, that can be possible. But not if I'm the only person pushing this boulder we call "The Panel Biter" uphill. I'm not asking for donations, I'm just asking for a voice. So I know I'm doing this for nothing, so I know I'm not alone in the darkness when I think this blog is going nowhere. I want to look back years-decades-from now and attribute all of my success to you readers. Because at the end of the day, a writer isn't a writer until he's been read.
Please show your support in the comments below. Better things are to come for Year Three of The Panel Biter. As always, Thank You So Much For Reading, Listening and Watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment